Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Final Fantasy Black Mage
This little guy was comissioned by a friend of mine.
I discovered that it is incredibly difficult to base a pattern off of a pixelated character because there's a huge lack of detail. Based on the images, I decided that the most important parts of the design were the shape of the sleeves, the slight collar, the hat (obviously), and getting the correct height to width proportions. I did some calculations to form a basic plan for number of stitches around, number of rows high, etc.; I adjusted all that while I worked of course. In the end, I think he came out really well. I'm almost tempted to keep him for myself...
You can download the pdf from Ravelry. As always, please let me know your thoughts, especially if you make one for yourself!